Call For Special Sessions at CROWNCOM 2015
The 10th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks will be held in Doha, Qatar, April 21-23, 2015. In association with the conference, and in addition to regular conference tracks, special sessions that focus on a particular research topic are solicited. Proposals for special sessions should include a one-page write-up that includes the title of the session, name and affiliation of the session chairs, expected number of papers, and a description of the motivation for a special session on the proposed topic. The paper submission for special sessions must follow the deadlines on the CROWNCOM web page, and will utilize the same submission system (Confy).
Topics of particular interest include:
- Dynamic spectrum access and management: spectrum sensing; multi-dimensional spectrum sharing; radio resource management; interference coordination; multi-antenna transmission; flexible PHY/MAC.
- Network protocols for dynamic spectrum use: heterogeneous networks; cooperative communications; self-organized networks; load balancing and network optimization; cooperative radio resource management; cross-layer optimization; WiFi offloading; opportunistic spectrum use for small cells.
- Modeling and theory: interference modeling; channel utilization models; network information theory.
- Hardware architectures and test-bed implementations: reconfigurable antennas and RF circuits; software-defined and reconfigurable radio; cognitive protocol implementations; certification and security issues.
- Next-generation cognitive networks: context-aware networks; mobile agents; network reconfiguration; complexity theory; social networks.
- Standards and business models: economic models and public policy to support flexible spectrum regimes; dynamic spectrum access in TV white spaces; licensed shared access; spectrum trading; multi-operator spectrum sharing.
Proposal Deadline: Jan 10, 2015.
Notification: Jan 20, 2015.
Submission: Please send your proposal to Prof. Alhussein Abouzeid by email (Abouzeid@ecse.rpi.edu as a pdf attachment).